Hotwire discount fares?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UP4AIR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be traveling to the Turks and Caicos for a week of diving on the Aggresssor in August. I have done a couple of searches on the board ref using the hotwire discount fares,but have not seen any responses directly relating to my question. Does anyone have any experiences (good or bad) with using those fares to travel? I'm speaking of the bottom line price flights ...not the ones that give the exact flight times. My question is ..do they get bumped often or do they overbook those flights alot? A scheduled flight right now is running around $820 with the discount fares going for $620.

I think that if I leave on the day before I'm scheduled to leave on the boat, then I should be ok(i.e. arrive in Provo on Fri..leave on Sat). I can stay at the Comfort suites on Fri for $100..so that still is better than $820 when added to the $620(I'll be traveling with a friend so it will only be $50) Any traveling suggestions from you world travelers would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Up....
What I usually do ( hope this does not screw me up !!) is check out expedia and a few other sights for price comparison. But....I love to talk to a real person, so I will then call the airlines and tell them I am trying to book on line and having pc problems what can they do for me price wise. I ALWAYS get it cheaper from them that way.

Also...Delta has just announced cuts in domestic flights...but maybe you can do some smooth talking if they service where you want to go on a better price.

If you make a flight reservation on line.....once you have your confirmation number you can call the airline and get a warm fuzzy by finding out if you are on their books.

good luck.........rich

Rich,
Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a go and let you know how it all goes.

Back
Top Bottom