hotel stay in cairns or north on beach ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

techdiver

Reaction score
I am booking hotels for my trip to AU, I was going to book a hotel in Cairns until I realized that there is no swimming beach there. I want a hotel on a beach, so I can just walk out the door and go to the beach... but I also want some restaraunts, entertainment and plenty of options for tour companies to book something up to Daintree...Where should I stay? Trinity is all booked up and expensive, what about yorkey's knob? palm cove? or should I just stick with Cairns? any other suggestions? Thanks!

Port Douglas has all of the things on your required list - I have just got back from a few days there and although it is really nothing other than a tourist town it is a very pleasant one.
Alison

When we were in Australia a few years ago we stayed in Palm Cove (Sebel Reef House)and loved it. It's 1/2 way btwn Cairns and Pt Douglas, so you can go to Cairns very easily for a day or evening of touristy stuff. You can also go to Pt. Douglas for diving. The dive operators offered transportation from Palm Cove. Do take the time to check out all the retail dive shops in Cairns. At least a few years ago the prices were really cheap compared to the US, even without the almost 2 to 1 exchange rate we had then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom