Hotel in La Parguera - Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Linthorn

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Going to PR next week and need to settle on a hotel for me and my non-diver wife. We heard nothing but praise for Parguera Divers, so I'm trying to book dives with them. We read mixed reviews of the hotel, so she isn't real enthusiastic. We found two others that may be close, Villa Parguera and Parguera Torres. Anyone have experience with either of these? Anyone know where they are in relation to the boat?

We looked at copamarine, but frankly it would be twice the price. Her needs are simple, although cable TV is required.

Linthorn:
Going to PR next week and need to settle on a hotel for me and my non-diver wife. We heard nothing but praise for Parguera Divers, so I'm trying to book dives with them. We read mixed reviews of the hotel, so she isn't real enthusiastic. We found two others that may be close, Villa Parguera and Parguera Torres. Anyone have experience with either of these? Anyone know where they are in relation to the boat?

We looked at copamarine, but frankly it would be twice the price. Her needs are simple, although cable TV is required.

She may have simple needs but unless she's a fan of highway motels, you may want to think twice. We did same thing a couple of years ago. I was diving with Parguera Divers and my wife and kids were going to hang out at a place we found in La Parguera - not positive which. Was horrible. Looked like a truck stop - a pool surrounded by astro-turf. Rooms were dirty with mildew. We took one look at the place and called Copamarina, which had a room at a special rate (though still much more expensive than the motel-like place in La Parguera). Also, the town of La Parguera was fine as to use as departure point for diving - not a place to hang out. I would not have been comfortable having my wife and kids there while I was diving. That said, Parguera Divers were great.

Copamarina also turned out to be an incredible place. Was a very nice resort with a local feel. Rooms were colorful, grounds impeccable, infinity pools next to the beach, etc. Restaurant and bar were excellent. Only drawback was that there was only one resturant. Although the vacation turned out to be more expensive than we had in mind, we thought it well worth it, both for wife/kid's time there while I was diving as well as my own comfort. We liked the place so much, I have no doubt we'll make the trip there again. Was about a 20 minute drive to Parguera Divers.

Hal

Back
Top Bottom