Hotel Brisas - Formerly Costa Club in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all4diving

Reaction score
:idea: Has anyone stayed at the new Hotel Brisas, formerly Costa Club in Cozumel? Have several travel agents telling me that it has been really spruced up and is every bit as nice as Fiesta Americana. Can this be true?

Thanks
all4diving

I stayed there last July and found it to be very good. I thought that it was just as nice as some of the other hotels and resorts I have stayed at in Cancun and Playa Del Carmen. I can't compare to other Cozumel hotels having never stayed at one until July. But for the time we were there Costa Club was fine. The long haul up stairs sometimes was not fun when I was tired but the diving was worth it. I rented a locker across the street and stowed my BC, fins, and mask there. Brought my wetsuit and reg back to my room after each dive to rinse them out better. We were picked up at the dock across the street by Dive Paradise so it all was convienent.

You can't go wrong, just have fun.

Stayed there before and even though I have never been inside Fiesta Americana hotel I did find that Costa Club (Brisas) was a very nice hotel, with nice rooms and balcony, beautiful landscaped grounds, as well as the biggest pool in Cozumel. I never ate at the costa club while I was there (always went into town) so I can't honestly tell you how the food is, however I have heard often that the food is mediocre. If you just want to stay at a very decent hotel then you won't be disappointed. There is a dive operation right there, you can walk under the tunnel under the road and go right onto it's small beach which has a dock for divers to be picked up and you can also snorkel there or take in a shore dive:)

Here are two pictures I took from the balcony of our room.

Guess I need to try to attach the second pic. Only attached one to the other post.

:jester:
Thanks for all your replies. Not sure what I will do. My wife likes to stay at nicer facilities but does not really matter to me since I am just going for the diving and relaxing. Sounds like there is no elevator at LB so that will be out. Stayed at Cantamar condos last year and the stairs to the fourth floor would wear on you. Stayed at Presidente several years ago but quite expensive and I was not all that impressed with Scuba Du. Each DM had their own agenda as well as rules. Always use Aldora as they have been very good to us over the years and we love the big BT.

all4diving:sharky:

We are headed there mid-Feb...stayed there in 2001 and 2002 so will tell you what has changed.

As for as diveops, I have heard excellent things about Living-Underwater. Dived with Aqua Safari and Dive Paradise in the past - both of which where fine. The two things that caused us to try L-U was (1) they cater to experienced divers, and (2) the use LP95s and LP120s -- so we get longer dives!

Craig

Otter

Looking forward to hearing about your trip to Brisas. We may have changed our minds and may go to Grank Turk instead. Have wanted to go there for some time now and rates are not bad right now. Aldora uses the 120's as well so always down for no less than 60 minutes. Our last trip we had a 125 minute dive on Paradise which was outstanding. Nothing deep but fantastic for pictures.

:sharky:
all4diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom