Hotel Brisas Cozumel Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHunt

Reaction score
Does anyone know the name of the onsite dive op at Brisas (formally Costa Club & Fiesta Inn)? If so can you post it here and include an email address or web address if handy?

If you have used this dive op and have an opinion please feel free to stick your gum here…(___).

Also, feel free to sing your song about the hotel while you’re at it.

Thanks,
Jim

Largest dive op on cozumel. Large boats, a bit crowded, not a lot of personal service. I found them to be quite adequate.

Hey thanks, I mean, what are buddies for...?

If anyone else has a point-of-view on the dive op or hotel, please post away.

Great resort, nuff said, now lets talk about diving.. :)

Are you going with a group, by yourself or with a buddy?

If you feel comfortable with your diving skills, want to avoid the crowds, etc..go on their six pack boats...you will get out to the farther dive sites in no time and be back before everyone else.

I had my gear all rinsed off and put away by the time the first larger boats got back, good deal.

Larger boats are just no fun for me. :)

SeaHunt once bubbled...

If anyone else has a point-of-view on the dive op or hotel, please post away. [/B]

We've been diving with DP the last three Thanksgivings and have stayed at Allegro, Plaza Las Glorias, and Brisas. DP is great...no hesitation in using them. Of the three hotels, I lean slightly towards PLG over Brisas...larger room. The food at Brisas was okay for breakfast/lunch, but we ended up going out for dinner most nights despite being on the meal plan...

Seth

Not going with a group so to speak, just friends. We are specifically looking for a fast 6-pack type setup. I'll email DP and see what they can offer us.

Also, if we were to stay at the Brisas can anyone tell me if there is decent shore diving to be had there? If so, I’ll assume DP can provide tanks/weights unless someone says otherwise.

Thanks again for your input,
Jim

Shore diving at Brisas can be quite interesting - and very easy. Depending on the wave action, you can just walk down the steps at the "beach" area and dive. Around the pier you will find sponges, brittle stars, trumpet fish and the usual characters living on or near reefs. Heading south (usually) into the current you can cruise along the wall or head out onto the flats. Rays, flounder, sea slugs, needlefish, barracuda - all are frequent visitors.

Don't go to far out or you'll be into major boat traffic. At your turn around time/pressure it is an easy drift back to Brisas. This is also a very good night dive.

Enjoy - We'll be back for our annual trip in the beginning of January - can't wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom