Host a video?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitroxdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I shot a bunch of video on my last vacation, and just finished stringing it together with some music. This resulted in a 25 minute film which weighed in at about 200 mb.

Any idea where I can host this on the web for people to download?

thanks!

That's a little long and big for a scuba vacation video. Especially if you want people to download and watch it over the internet.

I suggest cutting down the length at least in half and compressing the video to less than 50 mb, especially if you are trying to find someplace/someone to host it for free.

Dang, that'll be quite some compression. I just took a look and it's 185,254 KB. I guess I'll choose a low-bandwith setting next time I compile it in Windows Movie Maker.

Check out mpegnation.com , they host/stream videos for a one time
charge of $4.95 per video , up to one hour or 1gig for six months.

Mpegnation.com

I've put something up for sharing on their site several times.

teknitroxdiver:
Dang, that'll be quite some compression. I just took a look and it's 185,254 KB. I guess I'll choose a low-bandwith setting next time I compile it in Windows Movie Maker.

I use MS Media encoder to compress. It does a pretty good job and best of all, it's free.

My 12 minute long Turks & Caicos video is compressed down to 23mb. To me, it's a nice compromise between video quality and file size.

Can the video be made into say five five minute segments? Each downloadable by it's self. 25 minutes is too long unless you are doing a presentation with it.

MikeC

Do it in segments , never occurred to me , great idea, thanks.

TRIG

mpegnation.com

There're not free, but there inexpensive , unless your'er doing bunches.

TRIG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom