Hose to BC length ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

<*)))><

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a question about the length of the inflator hose off my first stage to the connection point on a BC. I purchased a reg and octo from a LDS. I don’t own a BC yet but indicated I wanted everything set –up for use with a typical rental BC.

The next weekend I rented a BC and as I assembled my gear the BC inflator hose of the octo wouldn’t reach the attachment point on the BC. I had to bend the corrugated BC hose up to reach the octo hose. The hose off the 1st stage to the BC connection is 21 inches.

Is 21 inches the standard length for this hose? Is there a standard length? Would I be justified in taking it back to the LDS and have them replace it with a longer hose?

Thanks in advance

Doh! If that fixes the problem I'm definitely going back to lurking.

Top of the tank/reg connection was roughly at the middle of the back of my neck. I could tilt back my head without hitting it. Thats usually the way I set it up.

I had the same issue when I first bought my gear. I fiddled with the tank a little and it was fine. I place the tank such that the top of the reg is about even with the top of the BC. If it's even a little higher, then the hose doesn't reach. I agree that it would be easier if the hose was an inch of two longer, but the 21" hose works fine. Just fiddle with it until you can make it work. If you're still not happy with it, hoses are cheep and available in a variety of lengths.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom