Hose routing question using Apex ATX 200s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZ Desert Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
AZ Desert Diver:
I have a pair of ATX 200s that I use with my doubles, but I'm not quite sure about my hose routing. I just don't think that I have them routed correctly. Can someone lend my a hand with the hose routing, please?
Don't have a picture of mine at the moment. Can take one later this evening and upload it. What makes you think you don't have them routed correctly? Is your problem with the hose connection positions on the first stages? I have my first stages set up essentially 'facing' each other, with the enviro seal (larger) ends both pointing inward and slightly upward, and with all hoses coming off the bottom on each first stage (therefore coming off different ports, right and left). Other than that, my setup is pretty standard - primary second stage long hose (running down and to the right) and an LP inflator hose (running down and left, to the wing inflator) coming off the right post first stage; alternate second stage short hose (running down and to the right), an LP inflator (drysuit) hose (running down and to the left), and pressure gauge hose (also running down and to the left) coming off the first stage on the left post. Obviously, a bit hard to coherently describe in text so I will try to get a picure taken.

Is this for a singles rig or doubles?

EDIT - Just re-read the post and saw you mentioned it was for doubles.

My buddy routes his XTX200's just like I do my DS4's.

CompuDude:
I'm ashamed to say I'm not familiar with the hose layouts of the various flavors of Apeks, since I dive all ScubaPro, but just in case this is helpful: http://dir-diver.com/en/equipment/reg_config_doubles.html
That description will basically work for the ATX200, with a qualification. The "A" series Apeks regs have one LP port that is sized at 1/2" UNF instead of 3/8" UNF (like the three other LP ports on the "A" series and all LP ports on most other regs). Typically, the 2nd stage hoses that come with the "A" series use the 1/2" port. When you replaced the stock LP reg hoses with DIR recommended lengths, if you purchased 1/2" you'll mount both of the regs with the 1/2" port facing down (right post 180 degrees opposite of the dir-diver.com description).

If you bought standard 3/8" hoses and are using a drysuit, then depending on which way you are trying to install the left post, you're either having a problem with the HP port angling the wrong way on your left post or you don't have enough 3/8" LP ports. You'll still want to mount the left post reg such that the 1/2" port faces down and (more importantly) so the HP port angles nicely towards your left hip. Which means one of your LP hoses on the left post needs to be 1/2".

In this picture you would rotate the reg 90 degrees counter-clockwise for the left post:
ATX200_1stStage.jpg

Thanks for the help everyone...it was greatly appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom