Hose length...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some of it depends on the way you prefer to route the hose, over the shoulder, under the arm, singles, doubles, or an inflator bottle and how big you are. In that regard the optimum lenght is the lenght that gets the hose to the inflator QD fitting with no pulling and no extra lenght to hang way from your body.

That said, the stock Whites hose works perfectly with my doubles with the hose mounted on the left post and routed down under my arm.

I like mine just long enough to connect, with routing under my arm. That way it sets close to my body, I have never noticed any restriction of movement from the hose, besides, there is very little relative motion between your first stage and your chest (since your tanks are normally strapped to your chest and all). I couldn't tell you how long it is

I've found that with the greater flexibility of a Miflex hose you can go a bit shorter than "traditional" hose length for the drysuit inflator hose. Swapped my 36" inflater hose for a 29" Miflex it sits closer to the body, but doesn't pull/tug or anything.

I can measure mine if I get home (flight delayed, snowing hard, may be here till spring).

The drysuit inflator hose that comes stock with the Whites Fusion is 32 inches long. I measured it from the nut screwing into the first stage to the quick connect/disconnect attachment that snaps onto the drysuit inflator nipple. Hope this info helps.

Most drysuit hoses I've seen or used in the past are listed as 29 inches. The 32 (like Whites stock) does give you a bit of extra room.

When I have a place to sit while I gear up, I'll get close to my gear, pull the hose through the left arm hole of the webbing, then connect the hose to my inflator, then I put my left arm in, then right, etc. I then get all geared up without having to scout for the hose at the last step...the 32 inch does make this a bit easier...

Hmmm...I measured my stock white's hose and it is 30" from the base of the first stage nut to the end of the quick disconnect. Maybe they got longer in the last year or so? Maybe I washed mine in hot water and it shrunk?

Either way 30" is just about perfect for me. An inch shorter and it would be pulling on the valve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom