Hose configuration for Conshelf XII

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigredbill

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey there all you old Conshelf divers, how do you route your hoses? The way the ports are laid out, if you keep your SPG on the left, there really isn't an LP port for the BC inflater. So my thinking is that you put the SPG on your right hand, and the LP ports start to lay out nicer for the 1st, octo and inflator. Is that how folks usually dive this reg? Is anyone diving it with the SPG still on the left, as is currently the fashion?

Thanks!

Hey, another configuration occurs to me, and that is to turn the tank around so that the knob of the 1st stage is behind the head, not the body of the reg. If you do this the hose config becomes very conventional. I am surprised that only one person has looked at this thread so far. There must be some old Conshelf divers out there?

Old Conshelf divers might use redundant air systems. Like a pony bottle. That's how I use mine.

Hmmm... mine's a XIV and its three ports are 120 degrees apart - if the XII's that way then the BC hose is just routed a bit left of straight up and works fine. As there are only three ports there's no octo and BC option - using it as the only reg on modern gear requires using an integrated octo/power inflator.
But I do use mine almost exclusively as a single hose... :)
Rick

I put a Dacor swivel adapter on mine. One end to the primary and the other to the BC. Still leaves one LP port for an octo if you want. There is one for sale on Ebay now. Adapter that is.

Captain

Rick Murchison:
Hmmm... mine's a XIV and its three ports are 120 degrees apart - if the XII's that way then the BC hose is just routed a bit left of straight up and works fine. As there are only three ports there's no octo and BC option - using it as the only reg on modern gear requires using an integrated octo/power inflator.
But I do use mine almost exclusively as a single hose... :)
Rick
The layout of the ports on the XII is as follows - when looking directly at the IP pressure adjustment screw - HP port is opposite 180 degrees from 1 LP port - ie, exactly opposite. There are 2 other LP ports between those 2 ports described above which are clockwise from the LP port.

In other words, from the perspective of the IP adjustment screw, if the HP port is at 90 degrees, there will be LP ports at approx. 150 degrees, 210 degrees, and 270 degrees.

Mounted on a tank with the HP port on the left hand side, I have a difficult time with the BC hose over coming over the left shoulder, as there is no natural port to do that.

bigredbill:
I am looking for help if it is used as a primary. Thanks.

Yes. I use the Conshelf as my primary and carry a separate pony bottle with another regulator on it. The Conshelf has a console and BCD hose.

BTW, my first stage only has 2 LP ports and 1 HP port.

I am beginning to wonder about the pedigree of my Conshelf XII. I have a XII manual and it shows the LP port layout I have - with 3 ports - but it does not have a retaining nut per the manual, but rather a snap ring to retain the yoke, ala the XIV.

Back
Top Bottom