Hose Care

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BobbyT22

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have poured through the posts and can't find anything on what I should do, if anything, to my hoses when I do post-dive cleaning and maintenence. Lots of info on soaking and rinsing regs, keeping hoses pressurized when doing so, etc, but nothing specifically on the hoses themselves. Maybe they don't need anything more than a rinsing and visual check, but I figured I'd ask. I'm new at this, and I want to keep my gear in the best possible shape.

Some people will pull the hose protector (the little plastic sleeves that prevent the hose from being bent sharply) back so that it doesn't trap moisture around the fitting. Then when it's dry, they just push it back on. Some hose protectors are easier to more than others.

My regs don't have hose protectors, but I dive in fresh water, so I don't even rinse my gear off. :wink:

Like you already said rinse them pressurize. I always let them hang dry. When you store your regs try not to put sharp bends in the hose. I usaaly store them hung, if your putting them in a bag, just don't loop the hoses too tightly causing sharp bends.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom