Hopping my way to full cave...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

am planning a double lines whale bone dive for the day after tomorrow. Instead of a 40 minute slog of a swim to the jump
LOL, interesting you mentioned this. For my next trip, I'm planning to slog with two stages for the add'l search time. It's a bit depressing to think it's only adding about 6-8 mins (a guess considering the increased drag). A DPV certainly seems like the better choice!

LOL, interesting you mentioned this. For my next trip, I'm planning to slog with two stages for the add'l search time. It's a bit depressing to think it's only adding about 6-8 mins (a guess considering the increased drag).

I can't find the previous two attempts in my log, but the last time I swam Hill 400 slick it was 30 minutes to the 1,200 arrow slick with 108s. And about 35 minutes to around the same area when I swam to the Bats with a single stage. So 40 minutes sounds about right with two stages.

LOL, interesting you mentioned this. For my next trip, I'm planning to slog with two stages for the add'l search time. It's a bit depressing to think it's only adding about 6-8 mins (a guess considering the increased drag). A DPV certainly seems like the better choice!
Depending on your experience level and sac rate a single stage is very very doable. I would argue 90% + do it on a single stage. Note I’m not saying don’t take extra gas. Extra is always good. But slogging an extra stage for that dive is more of a headache than it’s worth imo.

Hint. If you’ve never found the whale bones, the big ass knot in the line is a huge clue

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom