Hope this is the right forum=)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mantaralla

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,
to who it may concern...
Im going to San Francisco in december and I really want to dive there, at least one or two dives. So my question is if there are some diveshops or diving schools that have expeditions in december or january. Since Im not going to stay for long im not bringing my equipment so it would be really good if they had some rental too.
Websites are appreciated.

thanks/

Paula

Well you are obviously used to cold water diving. The water temps will be in the high 40's (F) most likely. Since that is our winter the chances of storms goes up, but often it is the best time of year to dive. Your dive adventures will lead you to Monterey. Monterey is known as an excellent get way with lots more to do then just dive, so spending a couple of days there would be worth while. Carmel is a town just a little South of Monterey that is beautiful. Point Lobos is one of Northern California's most well know dive sites, along with being a spectacular hiking park. To dive there on a weekend requires reservations months in advance. There are plenty of dive boats to choose from too. The Monterey Bay Aquarium is always a great spot to visit. When you know the dates, you can either post up here and buddy with a local diver, or hire a DM to give you a tour. My favorite dive shop in Monterey is Aquarius Dive Shop - Your PADI 5-Star Scuba Dive Center in Monterey for Training, Equipment, Service, and Rentals Make sure to read Chuck's kelp diving page here Ba_diving Website - Information about Northern California diving

My family just took our relatives from Finland to Monterey and then shopping at the outlet malls in Gilroy and they had a blast!

Also note that Monterey is about 100 miles (a 2 hour drive) from San Francisco. Since your stay is short, you'll probably want to factor that into your planning.

Back
Top Bottom