hookah building... beginner diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in the same boat as you,tat2tyme: I think I'd like to use a hookah system for diving rivers in SC. Hookah just seems so much easier and less cumbersome. But, after reading some of the replies, I need to check up on the safety issues. The recent amoeba related deaths in the South have already given me concerns. Good luck.

There is a far easier and cheeper way to do this if you already have a tank and reg. Go to your local welding supply and buy 50' of oxygen hose, 2 female hose fittings and 2 double end male fittings. Cut your reg hose, put a female fitting on each end and connect them to the 50' hose with the male fittings. Tape a life line to the hose so you can connect it to yourself and something on the surface taking the strain on the line instead of the hose itself. PM me if you have any questions.

Attachments

• IMG_1250.jpg
    IMG_1250.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0545.jpg
    IMG_0545.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0545.jpg
    IMG_0545.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 114
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back