Hoodscanal This past weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CustomTech

Reaction score
This past weekend we took our OW and Advanced students to Sund Rock. The weather was warmer this time, but Vis was down to 10-12 feet. The students had a great time. Last month there were Wolf eels everywhere. This time i couldn't find a single pair. It was like they are moved away. I was probably missing them in the low Vis.

I got signed off as a DM this weekend. I find it truely rewarding working with the new students. The wonder and excitement they show, reminds me why i love this sport.
Allen

Thanks I found doing the program was enjoyable and a learning expreience.

I'm thinking of becoming an instructor. They have a class starting in Feb. I just dont know if they need another instructor out there. There seams to be one on every corner.

I'd like to hear from some of the other instructors and see if they were glad they become an instructor or would they have been better off as a DM. Thanks Allen

Congrats on the DM cert!

I think it'll be much better for you in the long run to work as a dm for a while before doing any instructor training. Although I learned a lot in my dm course, I learned much more actually working as a dm (practical experience).

Congrats!!
Hope conditions improve in the HC for my dive there next Wednesday.
You didn't scare ALL the wolf eels away, did you??? :wink:

Thanks guys.
I will think long and hard about being a DM for awhile.
I know I can learn alot just doing it.
I know there is a lot to learn by just working with student of all levels.

I might have scared all the wolf eels away, but else could happen when you put a 300-lb. 5-10” guy in a black and white dry suit. He looks like a baby Orca. That or they fell over laughing.

I know we will be back next month and I hope the Vis gets better.
Merry Christmas To All and Happy Holidays----Allen

Back
Top Bottom