Hoods?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rollerboi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Did Whites at one point make wetsuit hoods? I came across a thread the other day where a diver was extolling the virtues of his Whites 7-5-2 (?) hood, and I was unable to find such on their website.

It sounded really good, with 7mm neoprene for the most part, with a 5mm neck and 2mm around the jaw. Not 100% on those thicknesses, my memory isn't what it used to be. :)

If you're looking for a hood, check out the Pinnacle ones. I have the Merino ones in both wetsuit and drysuit versions and love them both.

~Jeff

While I appreciate your reccomendations, I'd just like to gently point out that we're in the manufacturer's (Whites) section of the board.

Besides, I was mainly inquiring because I came across the comment in a search for gloves. I'll get around to posting something in the general gear forum fairly soon, I imagine, if I'm unable to find a related thread. :)

Thanks, everyone, for helping me find the hood I was looking for! I've e-mailed the Whites sales staff with further questions.

While I appreciate your reccomendations, I'd just like to gently point out that we're in the manufacturer's (Whites) section of the board.

My apologies, I did not pay attention to the category.

Good luck,

~Jeff

BTW - I tried to remove my post above, but it won't let me... sorry Whites.

Hmm. Does the rep read this board on a regular basis? I e-mailed the sales e-mail address last Thursday, in regards to the possibility of having a bib part attached to the hood, but I've received no response. Don't know what the normal turnaround is for e-mails there.

Tyler (divejedi) sometimes takes a day or two to respond, he is a busy man after all. He's always been very good about handling any and all questions I've had for him. Just be patient and I'm sure he'll have the answer for you. While I'm here tho, I thought I'd add that the Heat hood from White's is the warmest thing I've worn. On a 39 degree dive a couple weeks ago, my head felt totally comfortable, and didn't even notice the cold. The rest of me however was suffering a bit.

Thanks for the nudge Josh. Jimmer is right I am busy, and I do my best to keep up to date with what is happening on Scubaboard - sometimes an email just as you sent is perfect for getting my attention!

Anyways....the HEAT hood was never produced as a wetsuit hood, at one time, many years ago we did have wetsuit hoods - obviously a very different style from the HEAT hood. We could potentially adapt it with a bib. A lot of the technology used to build that hood is not done in our factory - so in order to duplicate it or try to duplicate it - it would be very costly. I would suggest that you would more than double th eprice of the hood.

At the risk of pointing to another manufacturer, you could likely get an "ok":wink: wet hood for far less $$.

Hope that helps, and thanks again for the email.

Until the Next dive,
Tyler

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom