Hood Dry Vs Wet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBFG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Quick questions,
what the difference between a dry suit hood and a vet suit hood.

I'm in the market for a 5 to 7 mm one and will eventually move to a dry suit. so what's the difference?
they seem the same to me

Look at the neck line. Dry are intended to be worn over the neck seal so it lacks the large skirt seen on wet hoods which is typically tucked under the top of your suit.

gotcha.
they are made of the same materiel though correct? you could also use a dry one with a wet suit no?

I do all the time. You may get a little chilly around the neck though. I don't get cold, but I'm in New Jersey not Canada.

Wonderful question. I recently asked myself, why do drysuit hoods not have a skirt when my drysuit has a warm neck seal? So I bought a regular wetsuit hood and tuck it in around the neck and over the neck seal. DUI put a space between the drysuit and the neck seal for a reason. Result, much warmer neck.
hoods-300x211.jpg

Both divers wearing the same hood, the one on the right has tucked into the DUI Warm Neck Collar. You can read more about it here DOG TRICKS: It's all in the tuck | DUI Online

I'm in the market for a 5 to 7 mm one

I have one :D

Hood

It came with my scubapro drysuit, I used it a few times but I'm not used to wearing hoods, so I retired that one and bought a Forthelemnt, which is a lot more comfortable since its a different material and it is only like 2mm (?), enough for me.

Colonel:
Awesome! wet one it is.

Wonderful question. I recently asked myself, why do drysuit hoods not have a skirt when my drysuit has a warm neck seal? So I bought a regular wetsuit hood and tuck it in around the neck and over the neck seal. DUI put a space between the drysuit and the neck seal for a reason. Result, much warmer neck.
hoods-300x211.jpg

Both divers wearing the same hood, the one on the right has tucked into the DUI Warm Neck Collar. You can read more about it here DOG TRICKS: It's all in the tuck | DUI Online

Back
Top Bottom