Honker Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a quick fix you can simply find the correct size stainless steel or brass bolt.

SP used 3 different sizes in their regs, they are:

5/16- 24 .............. 7/16-20.................. 9/16-18

3 SP yoke screws.jpg

Herman, would you double check the smallest thread size? It looks to be the same size as a low pressure 3/8-24 port plug while the middle is the same as a 7/16-20 high pressure plug. Indeed they screw right into the respective ports.

3 eights-24 & 7sixteenths-20.jpg

Last edited:
Someone tell me when they find 7/16-20 bolts, please

Rob, I got mine from the hardware store.

Thanks Herman. I was afraid we were going to find out the hard way that a 4th yoke screw size was going to ruin our party.

At any rate, if the op still needs the middle yoke screw, I have it. AND we now know there are common size screws/bolts that will work.

First of all I want to thank everyone for their help! Work has had me tied up and unable to respond. I did get to a couple of hardware stores in town and no one carries brass bolts in that size. The screw is bent so it has to be a new one. I talked to my buddy in St Simons and got a definite maybe on another bolt. I do have a stainless bolt in the right size and a rebuild kit on the way from VDH, thanks Brian.

The screw is bent so it has to be a new one.
I have one, PM me with your snail mail address if you're interested.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom