Hong Kong Int'l Airport: Heaven or Hell?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now that I've book the main parts of my Philippines trip, I'm wondering about the smaller pieces such as flights with Cebu Pacific Air.

Is it reasonable to assume that if I land in Hong Kong from Vancouver at 7pm in Terminal 1, I can collect my luggage, clear Customs and check in with Cebu Pacific Air for a 9:55pm flight to Manila?

If you are just transiting, I wouldn't think you would have to pick up your luggage, let alone go through immigrations/ customs. I think Cathay Pacific (I assume you are taking their Vancouver flight) should be able to check your luggage through to Cebu. Once you arrive, just head to the transfer desk and they can advise you on how to get to Terminal 2.

HKIA is pretty darn efficient.

I have transited HKG airport many times on the way to the Philippines. Whether you connect to Cebu Pacific or Cathay Pacific, you do NOT have to clear customs or claim your luggage. You just get off the plane and go to the "Transfer Desk". They will issue your HKG-MNL boarding pass and also make note of your bag tag numbers to make sure they are transfered properly.

But when you check your bags in Canada, you MUST show them your ticket (or e-ticket) HKG-MNL and make sure they will tag your bags all the way to MNL. Otherwise, you must claim them in HKG and re-check them, which would mean clearing customs and immigration there.

Also, with regard to Manila Airport Hotel, you will likely not get an email from them. They never check their email! Just call them and make your reservation. This hotel is a 3 minute walk from the NAIA terminal where your flight lands.

Thx for the continuing feedback!

Both flights -- YVR to HKG and HKG to MNL -- are now on one ticket so I'll be OK.

As for the airport hotel in Manila... I guess I got lucky... they DID check their email and confirmed my reservation. Twice! :wink: (I gave the wrong flight info the first time.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom