Honeymoon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

viceroy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Next year April I get married, and my fiancee and I have decided we'd like to do some diving as one of our honeymoon activities (Lucky bugger aren't I:D)

Anyway, we've narrowed down the field to include:
-Mozambique
-Mauritius
-Madagascar
-Seychelles
-Maldives
-Zanzibar

Firstly, where out of that lot is the best place to go at that time of year?

Secondly, any suggested resorts which can offer us some seclusion from other guests (We're not looking for a party resort) while still offering access to places of interest (I get bored lying on the beach sunning myself), as well as being close to some really good dive sites which are accessessable to an OW diver who has little sea experience.

Many thanks

Robin

April is not the best time of year for Zanzibar, as it's the rainy season (hot, humid, rainy). Also, while it's a great honeymoon destination with some decent diving, I wouldn't necessarily choose Zanzibar if diving was my primary aim.

April is a good time to go diving in the Bazaruto archipelago in Mozambique. The weather is great, 25-28 degrees and the visibility is good 15-20 metres. There are a few good honeymoon resorts on Bazaruto and Benguerra Island with dive operators and it's close to Two Mile Reef, which has excellent diving.

We just came back from a diving trip there (21-29 April).

For a bit of seclusion you could try Tohfinio just outside of Tofo. You will probably need transport to get to the dive centre. Try contacting Tofo Scuba to see if they can arrange lifts if you don't have your own vehicle.

Accomodation - Welcome to Casa John

The best dive centre - ::.. Tofo Scuba ..:: - Home

Thanks for all your replies.

Will look into Tohfinio, Bazaruto and Benquerra.

Unfortunately I don't own a capable vehicle, that and we'd be flying in, so lifts would be essential.

I've put in a query with JoLo, as well as a few travel agents for mauritius/seychelles/maldives etc, so I'll see what they come back with.

Thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom