Honeymoon Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jemmini6

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My fiance and I are getting married this coming November and are starting to look into booking our honeymoon. We've narrowed it down to the Caribbean, but now we need suggestions on the specifics. We're heavily considering a Sandals resort because diving is included, but we'd also like somewhere that lots of land activities to do as well (possibly ziplining, horseback riding, etc) and also the typical 'romance' that you'd expect for a honeymoon. Right now, we are looking into St Lucia or Antigua; we might also consider Jamaica, but because we are going in November, I'm concerned about the water temps being a little too cold for our taste (78-80 is perfect for me). Any suggestions you have on the diving at those locations is welcome (as well as anything about travel in that area in general)

Thanks in advance for the help!

My wife and I were married at Couples Negril (in Jamaica) in 2003, and went back for our fifth anniversary in 2008 (and planning for go back for Number 10 in 2013).

On our first trip, we stayed pretty close to the resort and used the on-site dive op, taking one side trip by boat into the town of Negril one day, and then the resort bus to Rick's for the sunset on another. On our anniversary trip, we again stayed at Couples Negril but used Sundivers for diving (they would pick us up in the morning and take us back after the dives - but they have changed hands and moved since then, so please confirm in advance if you choose this option) and ventured out a little more, taking a guided tour to YS Falls, and then also doing the obligatory Rick's sunset visit.

We chose Jamaica (and the Negril area) for a number of reasons, price and air access being among them, but also the opportunities for side trips being the other. We have never been disappointed.

Whatever you decide to do, congratulations on your impending wedding, good luck, and have fun!

I have sent a honeymoon couple to Saba and Anguilla. Two islands is fun..both very different dive wise as well. PM if you need help. Check out Anguilla Bliss my blog and also I have some info on Saba on Bonaire Bliss

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom