Honeymoon in early July with great diving in Asia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kenr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm tying the knot at the end of June and am looking for a place for our honeymoon.

My new bride just got her OW last Jan in Turks and Caicos and we just got back from Belize. she only has 8 dives since she got her OW. I want to go back to Asia, maybe Indonesia. I love muck diving and photographing little critters. I don't want to go the Philippines on this trip I have been there 7 or 8 times in the last 3 years, plus the weather in July in the Phil will be mostly rain.

I have a few requirements for this trip.

1. great muck diving and corals
2. not too much current because my new wife is still a beginner.
3. Decent weather. we can take a little heat but don't want to be miserable.
4. A nice upscale resort good for a romantic honeymoon.

So where to? What's good next month?

-Ken

How about Sipadan...beautiful reefs with lots of turtles and sharks. Kampala has amazing over water bungalows and the area has excellent muck diving for non Sipadan days.

I'm tying the knot at the end of June and am looking for a place for our honeymoon.

My new bride just got her OW last Jan in Turks and Caicos and we just got back from Belize. she only has 8 dives since she got her OW. I want to go back to Asia, maybe Indonesia. I love muck diving and photographing little critters. I don't want to go the Philippines on this trip I have been there 7 or 8 times in the last 3 years, plus the weather in July in the Phil will be mostly rain.

I have a few requirements for this trip.

1. great muck diving and corals
2. not too much current because my new wife is still a beginner.
3. Decent weather. we can take a little heat but don't want to be miserable.
4. A nice upscale resort good for a romantic honeymoon.

So where to? What's good next month?

-Ken

Congratulations on tying the knot!
Lembeh Strait is great for muck diving and underwater photography, and it also offers some corals sites. As pointed out by OnTheSpot, not much current usually. Lembeh's unique geographic location means that although there can be strong currents running through the strait at some times during the lunar cycle (usually just a few days after full or new moon) there are always areas that are protected and comfortable for muck diving. This makes for ideal conditions for underwater photographers to indulge in subject after subject, and for beginners to improve their diving skills. Check out this video by our Photo Pro, for what's been going on under the Lembeh Strait recently Critters of the Lembeh Strait | Episode 07/2014 - Lembeh Resort and Critters@Lembeh in North Sulawesi, Indonesia

Weather in Lembeh is warm and mostly sunny - when it rains, it's warm rain and generally doesn't last long. Lembeh Resort is also a good choice as we have a great house reef, in-house Photo Pro for help with your photography, pool for lounging, spa and an upscale but relaxed atmosphere. We also offer day trip to Bangka (excellent soft coral diving) and options for land tours.

Have a great holiday where ever you decide to go!

Bali would be better for a honeymoon than Lembeh, for me. More to do above the surface. Bali has some great muck diving, and you could even split your time over a couple of different locations...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom