Honeymoon in Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kayakingkate

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My Fiance and I are heading out for a two week honeymoon on the 12th of April. We're spending 5 days at the Aquamarina Suites on Ambergris and then a week on the Sundancer II. Just looking for any advice on stuff to do while there. Also, any restuarant recommendations? I can't wait!

kayakingkate:
My Fiance and I are heading out for a two week honeymoon on the 12th of April. We're spending 5 days at the Aquamarina Suites on Ambergris and then a week on the Sundancer II. Just looking for any advice on stuff to do while there. Also, any restuarant recommendations? I can't wait!

Fido's restaurant-Great food. Rice and Roll Sushi is upstairs at Fido's. Both fish and rolls were very fresh. So good we had to go back for a second meal a couple of days later

Caramba's-Great seafood

Mango's- Awsome Cajun Burger

Caliente'- More great food

I believe that Lobster is still out of season. It closes the Middle of Feb and Opens the Middle of June or July. This is unfortunate. I missed it too. There is still some great food available . Enjoy. :42: Ken

Thank you for the resturant suggestions! We really can't wait. (There's just this little thing called the wedding that we have to get through.) I must be the only one that has "Buy Inflatable Sausage" on their wedding to do list!

Thanks Again!
Kate

Dont miss "The Reef" - great fish stew, Estelles on the beach - is great for lunch and breakfast,(the best burritos ANYWHERE) Elvies is good and a bit special too - all of these are within a 5 min walk from Aquamarina suites - are you diving with ADM (think they have an arrangement with Aquamarina - have a brilliant trip - i am soooo envious!!! Hilary

Jambel Jerk is a must. Great food. Nice and spicy.

El Patio was also pretty good.

We didn't eat at Jade, but heard good reviews about that place.

This is great stuff, people.

My wife and I are heading over for 10 days in early July. Can't wait.

---
Ken

Thanks everyone for the advice! We just got back from Belize and it was an incredible trip!

5 Days in San Pedro at the Aquamarina Suites (highly recommended ocean front rooms.) We ate more than I've ever eaten... The Reef, The Blue Water Grill, Papi's, Lily's, Carumbas and the Jam-Bel Jerk house were all awesome!

For bars, we walked up to the north side of the island and drank at a new bar called coco locos which has a pool and is super fun. (Cross the ferry follow the Road until it 90 degree turns to the left and walk through the blue condos to the ocean front.) From there, walk along the seawall to a bar called the the palupa which is a thatched roof hut built at the end of a dock over the ocean... Super cool!

We snorkelled Shark ray alley and Hol Chan and did 2 local dives, windsurfing lessons (super fun!) And just had a great time. I really loved San Pedro and there's loads to do even for non-divers.

After 5 days of incredible fun, we flew back to Belize City (The phones were down when we left, so no ATMs, or Credit Cards, which made it more interesting.)

Then we hopped on the Sundancer II for a week of pure indulgence! We dove 4 or 5 times a day. We saw turtles, huge Moreys, sponges, coral, Huge very friendly Tarpons on the night dives, and just more than I can even remember! The food was great on the boat and the crew was super friendly and made the trip so much fun!

I have to say that this was so far my favorite Dive location! The Belizian people were just super friendly and genuine. It didn't feel like we were being hustled like in so many other places!

We ended the trip by going to the zoo before flying home (very cool zoo!)

There were riots while we were on the boat (last wednesday) but with the phone lines down we didn't hear much about it till we got into town. I didn't get a lot of details, but seems the government raised taxes by a whole lot and people got mad. Mostly students rioting. It seemed to have simmered down by the time we got back in town on Friday. They did have a curfew in effect for locals and stepped up checkpoints on the way into the city. I'd say keep your eye on it if you're going, but it really didn't impact us at all and it seemed pretty under control esp. in the tourist areas.

Thanks again for the advice, our honeymoon was awesome!

Kate

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom