Honestly, how much thought

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yld1

Registered
Reaction score
Do I need to put into the type of Octopus I should buy...? I have a Zeagle 50D...what would be a good match for that...? Thanks

A ZEAGLE Envoy Octopus or ZX Octo(IRC and Heat exchanger) would be my choice

Disclaimer: Rapidiver.com is an authorized Zeagle Dealer

Any 2nd stage tuned not to freeflow will do. Preferably compact and without an exhaust tee to get knocked off and hang comfortably around the neck (if that's how you use it) A 2nd stage with the Scubapro VIVA vane or equivalent is also great as the octo can be tuned to breathe as well as the primary but will not freeflow with the vane adjusted down. If diving cold water the octo should be cold water capable as well as the primary.

yld1:
Do I need to put into the type of Octopus I should buy...? I have a Zeagle 50D...what would be a good match for that...? Thanks
I would reccomend that you get a second stage exactly like the one you use as your primary. If you ever actually need it you would want it to be of the same high quality as the one you (or your buddy) has been using. You could get one of lesser quality and features if you want, the choice is yours. I would not get a yellow one, just get another black one.

Mark Vlahos

If you like your Zeagle 50D you'll like the Zeagle Envoy Octopus -it's basically the same 2nd stage your currently using.(except for the yellow cover)

I'll second Mark's suggestion, get an octo of equal quality to your primary as the odds are in an OOA situation, your OOA buddy will go for your primary and leave you with the octo so it's nive to have an octo that is decent to breathe off of.

An adjustable flow vane is nice to avoid accidental freeflows without having to resort massively detuning the reg with an inhalation effort much higher than your primary. An adjustable inhaltion effort knob is also nice for this same reason.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom