Homosassa & Gennie Springs report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

algulfdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
We left out on Fri. the 23ed on the way to The Homosassa River for our Yearly Manatee trip, On the way the plan was to stop by Manatee Springs and do a afternoon dive. We pulled in to the Guard shack at 3pm Central time which was 4 eastern and was told it was to late to dive:shakehead so we headed on to Homosassa checked in and was told we didn't have a boat because it was broke down:confused: so we called around and found one only across the street.:D .
Got up and met in front of Our water front cabin for our Great day on the water.
After a short 15 min. boat ride everyone suited up to swim with about a dozen or so Manatees then went back to the cabin for a cookout of Hamburgers , Hot Dogs and Linda's GREAT Baked Beans.
After lunch went back out on the boat, On the way to where the Manatees were we saw two Dauphins chasing some shad (5 - 6" bate fish) they were chasing them into the bank and coming out of the water to eat them. What a site. after that show we did our second swim with the Manatees.
Sunday morning we got up at 7am to leave at 8am to drive to Gennie Springs where we made two great dives in the main springs to about 40-45' with unlimited vis and water temp at 72*.
Over all a GREAT Trip.

Sounds like a good time, never been there. I quess i'll have to try and get out there with you guys next year.

I just did Ginnie on Saturday and loved it! Sounds like ya'll had a great trip. You definitely had more fun with the manatees where you went than I did at Crystal River.

Caleb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom