Homemade spreadsheets?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shellbird

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I hate reinventing the wheel. Does anyone out there have an electronic dive book type thing? I am a kind of "techie", like to have things computerized.

I entered the formulas (formulae?, whatever) for PSI/M, CFU, CFM, SAC, etc. and just insert rows and type in the information for my dives as recorded in my standard PADI style logbook. With this setup, I use the computer to enter data into my logbook and then refer to my logbook to enter into Excel. By entering all the information about the dive (tank used, depth, start PSI, finish PSI, bottom time, etc.) it automatically calculates the other statistics based on the formulas I have programmed into the spreadsheet. I also track averages of these with other formulas. You can get most of the formulas if you do a search for SAC or something on scubaboard. I guess I will check out dive manager too...I have a suunto, but never bought the computer interface.

--Eric

Originally posted by O-ring
... I guess I will check out dive manager too...I have a suunto, but never bought the computer interface.

--Eric

Bonus with the dive manager --- you can enter your dives without the interface, the interfaces allows your profile details to be automatically for your eg. temps, depth, Nitrox and a few other things that I can't remember off the top of my head

I just tried out that Dive Manager software... very cool, and it's free!!!:) Thanks DivingGal!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom