Homemade GoPro tray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What adapter are you using between (i.e. to connect) the pvc and lights?
I used these: 1inch 25mm 360° Swivel Bicycle Bike Flashlight Torch LED Mount Holder Clip Clamp | eBay

T2eC16hy0E9s2S9K11BRyVyUUG460_12.jpg

You sure you don't have any redneck genes?

You sure you don't have any redneck genes?
LMAO:rofl3:......it may by kinda ghetto but it works great. I spent in all less than $50 on my tray minus the camera and lights.

It was a fun project and it'll get me through the meantime till I buy a real tray.

Will these fit on 1/2" PVC? If they will they would be perfect for my homemade tray.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Not unless you fill the inside bore with some extra thick rubber padding of some type. Mine is on a 1" OD PVC coupler and it fits just right.

Not unless you fill the inside bore with some extra thick rubber padding of some type. Mine is on a 1" OD PVC coupler and it fits just right.

Okay thanks, back to the thinking table it is lol.

I would worry about the clip holding the light---kelp would pull the light right out of that.

I'm using Fenix/HDE flashlight to handle bar adapters, but they failed in the salt water, so I had to replace their innards with a stainless steel nut and bolt

My light bars are around 1/2" in diameter so I use a section of garden hose as a spacer.

I would worry about the clip holding the light---kelp would pull the light right out of that.

I'm using Fenix/HDE flashlight to handle bar adapters, but they failed in the salt water, so I had to replace their innards with a stainless steel nut and bolt

My light bars are around 1/2" in diameter so I use a section of garden hose as a spacer.

That's a good idea with the garden hose as a spacer. I did wrap the light in a little electrical tape so they would not spin when twisting the rear cap to activate the lights. I'm thinking of maybe some rubber sprayed into the torch holder for better grip.

My torch holder is pretty tight but I do have safety lanyards on each light just in-case.

That's a good idea with the garden hose as a spacer. I did wrap the light in a little electrical tape so they would not spin when twisting the rear cap to activate the lights. I'm thinking of maybe some rubber sprayed into the torch holder for better grip.

My torch holder is pretty tight but I do have safety lanyards on each light just in-case.

That plasti-dip might work good too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom