Home made GoPro Dive 'Tray' ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I live in East London so I havent got the ocean on my doorstep unfortunately, ha,ha ... !!! I am however going to take it to the pool next Thursday and give it a go. This pic is the back of it and as you can see there are screws where the small inspection panels are removable. Yes they will rust so I intend to replace the existing screws with stainless steel ones, like I used to secure the GoPro mount.
The underneath of the centre box also has removable panel too so I can add weight if necessary inside. I can always just take the screws out altogether and araldite the panels back on.
Last thing I need is a lanyard to secure it to my person of course. It may leak water a bit but thats no big deal. If it does I will just take a panel off, dry it out and then glue every panel back on without screws as I said. Each joint is glued with ARALDITE. :)

I use a telescoping paint roller handle with the handlebar clamp. my experience is that it is easier to make it with drain holes from the beginning. Water is forced inside the tube during the dive and then just sits there after you come up. I had water sloshing around inside it for weeks despite my best efforts. I eventually put some holes in it so the water could drain. Another option would be to thread a screw into the mount so you can take it out and drain any water that gets in.

Thanx for all the replies. I will be trying it out in the pool next Thursday, so I will report back then. :) As I said if I do get water in it, I only have 2 screws to take out and the panel comes off under the mounting box.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom