Home 27' Dive Pool w/movable floor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johnoly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Mike Patey is a hands-on engineer who designs & builds airplanes and tow tugs. His far outside of the box designs have allowed him to build his manufacturing company to lead the plane industry. He's also a passionate scubadiver with PADI-SSI-PFI. In the video link below he's building:

* 27 ft deep home pool 3 stories high
* Designed a lift floor to move it to 4ft deep for kids
* A dozen windows to watch the divers
* Gear room with compressor

I've been watching his design process for years. He doesn't sit behind a desk. He gets his hands dirty, and his motto is It's Physics, Math & Engineering. Machine it, Draft it, Build it, Test it, Break it. The same with our dive gear. Don't be hesitant to think about changing, redesign & testing to your own dive gear to make it better. And best is,, he always has multiple backup safety items designed in like this Double Walled pool. Below are screen shots and link to his home scuba dive pool build.

Pool1.jpg

Pool2.jpg

$$$$$$$

Did my own pool nearly 20 years ago. Did it myself. Used a company that did the design and engineering and I either did the work myself or hired sup contractors. Couple years later helped a friend do a big pool. The engineering that goes into anything over 8' deep starts getting pretty intense and expensive. My 8' pool was $12k and my friends 11' pool was past $100k. His did have a waterslide and about 4x the amount of water. We both did them ourselves saving about half of what hiring a contractor to build one would have cost.

That pool, in todays money. So he did the engineering himself but still that is a lot of money. I'll say his cost for it will be 7-figures. Or darn close.

That is just INSANE!!! o_O💰

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom