Holy Crikey !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cyklon_300, if the croc hunter gets you peeved, i suppose that the "extreme contact' show makes you downright violent. has anyone else seen this show? manny, megan and mark are 3 freedivers in florida that do 'extreme' wild animal contact. in one episode, they were looking for goliath groupers (jewfish) on a shipwreck and one 'attacked' manny. that goofball had his arm in the fish's mouth up to his elbow and to me, it looked like he was grabbing a hold of the gills... ugh. and this is supposed to be educational? the wifey and i call the show "extreme morons - with larry, moe and curly." :confused:

Yeah, I thought of that show after posting. The episode where the trio of lunkheads take turns riding a large Great Hammehead was especially galling.

We were diving with a manta ray at the Flower Gardens recently when an enlightened diver came by and grabbed it for a ride...the animal which had been coming within inches of us for almost 15 min. bolted and wasn't seen again.

On deck I congratulated the 'rodeo star' for enhancing our experience...got the single-digit IQ look and a 'Huh?' reply.

builderbloke once bubbled...
would i be right in saying that his wife ..terry or tracie died in a croc attack last year ?

Incorrect, Steve, his wife Terry and their daughter Bindi are all alive and well.

I think it was his friend who was attacked by a croc. Wes, I think his name is. It was at night and the croc got him pretty bad but he didn't die.

They had a sort of recreation of it on the show and it was at night which added a whole new level of creepiness to being attacked by a croc.

Wes got a little nip during a storm one night when flood waters were causing damage to the enclosure.
Wes and Steve were trying to secure the enclosure and one of the Freshwater Crocs saw an opertunity and capatilized on it.:D

I love that show, I don't think anyone who watches that show with their kids gets the impression that the kids are ready to go out and do the same crazy things. My kids are always pointing out what an idiot he is.

One thing you can be sure of ... there will be more herptologists and other animal docs that will graduate from college in another 10-15 years!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom