Hollis Wing with Oxycheq Small Backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iratherbediving

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am getting a good deal on Hollis gear and plan to get a S25 LX for my son. However, because of his size, I need to get him a small backplate from Oxycheq. I am also new to BPW so trying to figure this all out.

I am guessing the distance between screw holes in the small backplate would be the same as standard-sized oxycheq backplates. Same with the distance between the top screw hole and the cam slot (small plates seem to have only one).

Can make the Hollis wing and Oxycheq backplate work without a STA? with an STA (screw holes would still need to align between the wing, STA, and plate)? not at all?

If somebody has one or the other, could you post the distances between screw holes and between the top screw hole and the cam slots?

Thanks

the 13" small plate only has one set of cam band slots. if you want to use two cam bands, you would have to use a single tank adapter.

you can skip the sta if you only use one cam band. otherwise, the 11 inch hole spacing is standard for sta's

either option is fine with the hollis, you just cant use two cam bands without a sta with the hollis wing and small oxycheq plate

the 13" small plate only has one set of cam band slots. if you want to use two cam bands, you would have to use a single tank adapter.

you can skip the sta if you only use one cam band. otherwise, the 11 inch hole spacing is standard for sta's

either option is fine with the hollis, you just cant use two cam bands without a sta with the hollis wing and small oxycheq plate

Thanks I was more concerned about the hole spacing, I am OK with a single cam band.

I've a Hollis 25, I ended up cutting the bottom slots and re-stitching the grommets. They didn't match either my "storm" Alu plate, not my shiny Eric's one. That's regular size plates.

Pretty sure the current batch of Oxycheq short plates has two cam band straps. Might want to check with Patrick to confirm if this is important.
Yup, spoke with him. The SS are good with two cam slots. Alumunums will take a little longer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom