Hollis Reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tarmin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello all, I would like some advice on Hollis Reg,
I'm thinking about replacing my MK17 because I want a bottom lp port like my MK25 but I've been told that it's (MK25) not the greatest in cold water so I wont get a second one.
I've read that the Hollis DC1 is sealed like the MK17 but no review by user anywhere. I dive in extreme cold water, both fresh and salt. So I wanna hear from ppl who use it, or suggestion.

Hello all, I would like some advice on Hollis Reg,
I'm thinking about replacing my MK17 because I want a bottom lp port like my MK25 but I've been told that it's (MK25) not the greatest in cold water so I wont get a second one.
I've read that the Hollis DC1 is sealed like the MK17 but no review by user anywhere. I dive in extreme cold water, both fresh and salt. So I wanna hear from ppl who use it, or suggestion.

You really want to replace your MK17??

My girlfriend has a Hollis DC1, she likes it because the second stage is not too bulky (unlike a g250V...) However it freeflows easily at 90' 40F. We were told when we bought it to forget icediving with it.

You really want to replace your MK17??

My girlfriend has a Hollis DC1, she likes it because the second stage is not too bulky (unlike a g250V...) However it freeflows easily at 90' 40F. We were told when we bought it to forget icediving with it.

Merci Pheel :) Free flowed at 90' 40f ??? Wow ! OK so it's off the list for replacement ! Probly just gonna end up getting an elbow to fit second stage properly on MK17 :)

Have you ever heard of the MK25 free flowing ?

Merci Pheel :) Free flowed at 90' 40f ??? Wow ! OK so it's off the list for replacement ! Probly just gonna end up getting an elbow to fit second stage properly on MK17 :)

Une autre chose, our DC1 has been very noisy after its first service. In the end, the tech was pissed and he replaced all the Hollis orings with ScubaPro (well that is what he told me) in order to fix it. It was very annoying to hear that noise. This summer we are going to Les Escoumins and there is no way my girlfriend will dive with it, way too cold. Will eventually replace with a MK17/A700

Have you ever heard of the MK25 free flowing ?

Nope but as far as I know the MK17 is there cold water reg. To be honest with you I have 2 X MK17 on my double setup and I'm very happy.

Sounds like the DC1's are due for service guys. I would recommend calling our customer service tech's at 888-383-DIVE or your local Hollis dealer. As these fall under the "parts for life program", you would only pay for labor if serviced annually (as suggested). I would also like to advise against using other manufacturers parts in our regs :confused:

All Hollis regulators are tested to CE requirement at -4 degrees and are environmentally sealed, designed for use including Ice Diving.

Back
Top Bottom