Hollis Prism2 Cover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Haven't had it in the water yet, but decided to try to improve my protective shell. It was all scratched up & looked terrible, still quite functional, though. I used several coats of spray- on truck bed liner. Seems to look good for now.

Tammy, I will be interested to hear how it holds up. Mine is in the same condition and I have considered bed liner also.

Looks good. I will also be watching to see how it holds up. I have been wreck diving lately with mine and the cover is really getting beat up. I consider it a badge of honor though.... :drunks:

Eventually I know I will need to cover it and thought about the spray-on bedliner path.

Next time try car undercoating, Dupli-color makes the one I have used and it has been on for 100+ dives in caves and wrecks. It gets scratched but the unprotected cover would have been shredded. Also, install hard foam at the bottom so the cover does not flex when place on its back. -Eric

Here are 2 pictures of the shell after 2 days in Ginnie,... Not the best of results. I would say a failure IMO.
Shell.jpg
Shell2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom