Hollis LX200/DCX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dooperdoo

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,
I just got my advanced certification and did purchase the new Hollis LX200/DCX regulator set. Just wanted to know if there is any pros and cons to it before I jump into the water. The guy in my LDS was comparing it to SP s600/MK25 combo and I was going to actually wondering if it is a better deal to just switch to the SP Regs ( as maintenance is everywhere in where I come from). I have looked into sherwood and AL regs to compare to see if i chose the right set of regs.

Would greatly appreciate if anyone could give me any advice regarding the set!

I would take the MK 25/s600 over the Hollis but for the cost of either I find the Deep 6 to good to pass up and my scuba pro Regs just sit in my shop while the Deep 6 go diving. I like either Deep 6 or ScubaPro over the Hollis since the breath better for me, I'm sure the Hollis can be tuned to work better for me but why bother?

I would take the MK 25/s600 over the Hollis but for the cost of either I find the Deep 6 to good to pass up and my scuba pro Regs just sit in my shop while the Deep 6 go diving. I like either Deep 6 or ScubaPro over the Hollis since the breath better for me, I'm sure the Hollis can be tuned to work better for me but why bother?

Thanks for the input, I got the hollis reg set at a Dive expo $50 cheaper comparing to the SP s600 set. Do you think it is wise to stay with it and give it a try? Or should I just exchange them. Is there much of a difference in specs and comfort ? I dont think they sell deep 6 regs here.

For $50 I would go scubapro. The Deep 6 is in online shop they offer a lifetime warranty and give you a parts kit when you buy it so you can have the repair parts with you where ever you are. First service is free but you have to mail the Regs to them for that, even if you have a local tech service them you'll have the parts available and there is no restrictions on buying the kits.

Back
Top Bottom