Hollis LX wing zeagle octo z

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cgm73

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I got a Hollis LX wing B/P. I bought a zeagle octo-z and Hose to go on it. Screwed it on hollis wing, it was loose kept spinning. I snugged it up went to pool. It’s leaking bad. My question is can I just pop the zeagle octo off the hose it came with and use it with the Hollis hose. The Hollis hose screws on tight. The zeagle has some kind of breather are something on top of octo hose, I’m attaching a picture. No idea what it is are if octo won’t work without it. If you got to have any suggestions on hose replacement to fit Hollis would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 94
Short answer is yes, you should be able to swap the Octo-Z with the standard power inflator. Couple of zip ties, easy stuff.
The "breather" on the zeagle elbow is a a pull dump. Not necessary.
Respectfully
James

Make sure the elbow gasket is there (in between the elbow and the bladder flange).

the zeagle has a remote pull exhaust instead of the plain elbow. the threading might be different which is why you couldn't straight swap them, but could be a missing or different gasket also. and you should be able to swap the inflator and octo-z, just get some zip ties. hopefully, you got the enlarged inflator hose with the octo-z else you will need to buy that too or use a reg hose and adapter. the octo-z won't fit on a standard inflator.

James you the man. You saved me $300 bucks if i had to get a new air 2, I owe you lunch if you ever around Georgetown,SC :cheers:thanks for the help.

James you the man. You saved me $300 bucks if i had to get a new air 2, I owe you lunch if you ever around Georgetown,SC :cheers:thanks for the help.
No worries, and no thanks necessary... Just help the next guy! I will, however, look you up if I'm ever out your way (I'm not above a free lunch!). Lol
Seriously though, runsongas gave a more thorough explanation.
Glad it's straightened out,
Respectfully
James

Back
Top Bottom