Hollis F1 fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aileen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi! I'm looking for fins to wear with my new Pinnacle Evolution drysuit :D. I've been using DiveRites with my wetsuit boots for years. I've narrowed down my options to SP Jets or Hollis F1 fins and am wondering how the two compare when swimming against a current using a frog kick.

I appreciate any info!

Aileen

Hi! I'm looking for fins to wear with my new Pinnacle Evolution drysuit :D. I've been using DiveRites with my wetsuit boots for years. I've narrowed down my options to SP Jets or Hollis F1 fins and am wondering how the two compare when swimming against a current using a frog kick.

I appreciate any info!

Aileen

Congrats on your new drysuit! The f1 is a bit longer than the jets, and not as wide. I prefer the f1. It has a higher foot pocket and is more forgiving and comfortable on your foot. Not to mention the really nice adjustable spring straps that it comes with.

Congrats again on your new suit, I know you will love it! :wink:

I have only heard GOOD things about the Hollis F1's....I finally got to see them in person last weekend at Our World Underwater convention in Chicago. I know a couple of guys who switched from the jetfins to the F1's... As far as me personally using them......I am still waiting for bigfoot size to come out (2XL)....If you haven't seen them in person....run down to Plainfield, Il and see them at Dive Right in Scuba.... I hope to be receiving mine very shortly...couple of weeks. :popcorn:

I really don't think you would be disappointed with the Hollis F1's...

Mike....you beat me to the punch.... Must be my driving while typing..:D:D

Mike....you beat me to the punch.... Must be my driving while typing..:D:D

LOL...if I did that I would get a ticket :D Did you even pick out a shirt from the booth? I will send you one with your fins

Actually I had the chance to try on the F1s over my snow boots at OWU. I really like the adjustable spring straps and the size of the footbed. My main concern is the F1s are more flexible than my Dive Rites and, it seems, slightly more so than the Jets. I don't want to give up the performance/power that I'm used to...

Actually I had the chance to try on the F1s over my snow boots at OWU. I really like the adjustable spring straps and the size of the footbed. My main concern is the F1s are more flexible than my Dive Rites and, it seems, slightly more so than the Jets. I don't want to give up the performance/power that I'm used to...

Must have come to our booth :D I'm pretty sure nobody else had them there. Do you have the built in boots on your suit, or socks with a separate rock boot?

You should be fine, those boots are stiff enough to use with those fins that you wont lose any efficiency or be more prone to cramping(due to the softer foot pocket). Have you used the jets before? you can try the f1s if you would like :wink: compare the 2

Been doing lots of swimming in the pool lately with SP Jets and F1's No doubt you get more out of the frog kick with the F1's by Hollis. Compared to Lg Jets the F1 in Regular/Lg is longer and slightly wider.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom