For Sale Hollis DC7/500SE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RyanT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have two Hollis regulators for sale. Both have only about 20 dives on them and are in great shape. One has a long hose, two gauge console, and no octopus ($375.00). The other has a regular hose, octopus and 3 gauge console ($450.00). Prefer local pick up in the Delmarva/Washington DC/Norfolk area. Will ship in CONUS though.

I am considering picking up a set of these, any comment on durability, servicing, use? Is there a reason you are getting rid of them?

Hi Nealk: On the whole, I really like these regs. I especially like the side exhaust because it helps get the bubbles out away from your face better, and when sharing air, there is no upside down. You can just flip the reg over and it's right side up no matter the orientation. The first stage is really compact and it's a good breather; it will really deliver air if you end up having to work hard at depth. Instead of a dive/pre-dive switch, there is a little screw in the second stage that allows you to tune the ease of breathing. If you "over tune it," the reg will tend to want to free flow on you when you take it out of your mouth. If you "under tune it" the breathing tightens up a bit. It's a really simple matter of adjusting the screw to get it to breath easy without an over tendency to free flow though. It's similar to the adjustment knob on many regulators, it's just that the screw is tucked in so it's unlikely to be bumped out of position accidentally. In terms of durability, it seems to be great. I've had them for about a year now with around 20 dives and they've performed flawlessly. The only reason I'm getting rid of them, is that the first stage is not ideal for hose routing on a set of doubles. The first stage has four LP ports on a swivel, but the way it is set up doesn't allow me to get the hose down and away from my isolator valve on my doubles as effectively as I'd like. They're great for diving a single tank though.

If you're interested, let me know and I'd be happy to send you some detailed pictures.

As much as it pains me, I will have to pass and wait until after the holidays to see where my finances are at. If you still have them in Jan/Feb, I may seriously consider them. The tuning switch is not something I've heard about anywhere.... That's impressive. All I've heard is people saying it doesn't have a predive switch, no mention of a tuning screw.

I may very well still have them then. Feel free to check back with me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom