Hollis 200LX too easy to free flow?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wheeler925

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi. I picked up a Hollis DCX 1st stage with a Hollis 200LX primary second stage. I had it immediately fully serviced at a LDS. I've since dove with it 8 or 9 dives. I find it too easy to free flow and I'm wondering if there's something wrong. Per the Hollis instructions I've seen, you're supposed to set the inhalation effort at full counter clockwise - then back one full turn. I find when I do this and open the venturi it immediately free flows in water(yes with the mouthpiece pointed down). I've been tightening the effort knob a few turns and only opening the venturi half way to compensate. Is this normal? In my mind I should be able to remove the reg from my mouth without free flowing, but have minimal effort to breath when in my mouth..

It would probably be best to back the adjustment knob all the way and adjust the orifice in an eighth turn, the micro adjust of these has a very tiny influence.

I just rebuilt one today, it’s a lame design but excellent performance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom