Holiday Dive Party and Bonfire Dec 27-28 in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny

dirty-finned dive goddess
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Holiday Dive Party and Bonfire Dec 27-28
Florida Conch Divers invite the Texas Swamp Divers and all divers to join us in a Holiday Dive Party and Bonfire!

We are working on finalizing plans and getting the best deal for the benefit of all skill levels. Task one is to get a head count from all interested divers.

Who is interested?

Dates: Dec 27-28
Where: Florida, probably Devils Den
Who: All scubaboarders who want to dive over Christmas in Florida.
Devils Den has a full rental shop, air fills, Cabins, picnic tables, grills, and a kiddie land.
Cabins are $75/night, sleeps 4, 2 nights min. over the weekend...

Bonfire Saturday night.

PLEASE ONLY POST YOUR INTEREST IN THE FLORIDA THREAD!!!
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41518

We need a head count so we can work out the best deal for everybody

See ya'll soon!
Devils Den

over on the Florida Conch Divers Section about this.

Wildbill:cop:

WildBill,
You are right, everybody is posting on the Florida thread- except that not a single Texan has posted any interest yet on that thread! Geesh, you'd think they would look forward to a weekend of diving in crystal clear spring water and meeting some of scubaboard's Florida divers!

Alot of us would look forward to a weekend of diving over there. But there is such a thing as drive time. For us here in Houston it's a 10 hour drive to Panama City and you're talking about another 6-8 hours to get to Ginny Springs...I know, we've timed it. That's a day and a half of driving one way, 3 days round trip dive time. So no matter how you look at it we'd have to have at least 1, 2 or even 3 days off from work. There's the option of flying but that's costly that time of year. Not everyone can afford the days off, can get the days off, or take the time from family at that time of year and flying isn't an option for some.

So plan your get together, and we do appreciate the invite but understand it's just not in our backyard as it is yours.

Might be interested. Waiting on college bowl selection on 12/7. If Iowa is selected for Capital One or Outback probably will come down there for that. From looking at map doesnt look like too bad a drive from Tampa. Will advise

I would dearly LOVE to go, but I can't plan that far ahead. I may have to work that weekend. I won't know for sure until it's too late. Thanks so much for the invitation though. Maybe another time...:(

Dee,I feel your pain.My family is in Abilene,that's 20 hrs non-stop.It's a real drag sometimes.I used to ride roadracing motorcycles out here for bike week as a young lad.
Any Texans that do get a chance will be made welcome as will any other outta state Scubaboard divers:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom