Holguin - Playa pesquero

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christian, we arrive on the Friday. Not sure if we'll dive over the weekend, but we'll try to do the Monday morning dive

Two weeks left now!

Just bought a new full 3mm yesterday as I got cold las year with my 1-2mm shorty after 60 minutes in the water.

See you on Monday!

Gear all packed... Ready to leave!

Chris: I should be at the dive shop for 8:30 on Monday. Hope to meet you there.

Christian,

Sorry for the delay in response, and sorry to have missed you in Cuba. I tried calling repeatedly to the dive shop from Playa Turquesa and there was never any answer. I wanted to confirm when to be there for dives before paying for a cab to take us there.

Anyway, went to the Turquesa tour desk and they book all dives through the Eagle Ray dive shop in Guardalavaca. $30 per dive pp including return transport. So we booked through them.

It was too bad that we didn't get a chance to meet, but we had some fantastic dives. Did Cueva #3 and then Sirena wall dive and Corona.

Maybe we can hook up next time. I'll upload my pics and post a link soon!

Chris

Guides are still as friendly as before. Couple of spanish words here and there plus some t-shirts and beers and you get friends for life.

However, boats were overcrowded with couple of other dive shops closed... It was not as much fun as previous years. Unfortunatly, I won't go back there again.

Pictures available at: Picasa Web Albums - Christian

Nice pictures. I agree the new big boat is not as fun anymore but the diving is still good. I am going back there in two week. It's going to be my 4th time at Playa Pesquero. Which hotel did you stay at?

Here are some pictures from February:

https://picasaweb.google.com/timefr...?authkey=Gv1sRgCIHKtoq9oPLHDA&feat=directlink

Guides are still as friendly as before. Couple of spanish words here and there plus some t-shirts and beers and you get friends for life.

However, boats were overcrowded with couple of other dive shops closed... It was not as much fun as previous years. Unfortunatly, I won't go back there again.

Pictures available at: Picasa Web Albums - Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom