Holguin - Playa pesquero

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Polar_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Going back to Holguin for a 4th Spring in a row with Familly. Gonna dive with the best DM-Instructor there: Jorge Consuegra.

I know it's not the best dive destination in Cuba, but had to consider the non-divers...

Any one else going week of April 10th?

We're heading to Playa Turquesa from April 8-15 and haven't been there before. Just finished our certification in St. Lucia in January. Can you provide me with some details as to where to dive, which dive shop to use, etc? I haven't had much luck finding this information out.

Thanks and hopefully we can dive together!

Playa Turquesa is a private beach located 5-6 km East of Playa Pesquero were I will be. Up to last year, there was no dive club directly at Playa Turquesa. For sure they will offer scuba excursions but I don't know if they will come to Playa Pesquero or to Playa Esmeralde, which seems closer.

Anyway, diving in the Holguin region is not as impressive as in St.Lucia. Area is overfished by locals who don't have much of anything... You can see the pictures I took in 2009 at: Picasa Web Albums - Christian . Otherwise, just PM me for more details.

A la proxima!

Wow Christian, we stayed at the same Sandals in St.Lucia that you did! Nice pics! While we in St. Lucia our underwater camera died so we have only a handful of shots. Got a new camera with an underwater housing for this trip.

Are you from Quebec? It's almost too coincidental that we're going to be down there at the same time. We really should try to go diving together!

Chris

My wife is from Montréal. Hopefully we can hook up for diving in Cuba next month.

We will arrive on Sunday. Should try to do our first dive on Monday morning.

I just posted a thread in the main forum.
I'm heading to this resort on the 26th for a week. Is it worth bringing all my gear down? Do I need to contact anyone before hand? I've also heard that there is a bull shark dive about two hours away, does anyone know about that?
Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom