Hola everyone and some advice please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Eric,

We're also in the process of planning our first trip to Bonaire. My wife has found some good info on http://www.bonairetalk.com/. You might want to check that out as well.

Seems like it's not easy or cheap getting there that's for sure!

Don

Again, thanks for the advice. My travel partner just bailed on me so I might be doing this solo. I hope this doesn't mean joining a dive group and viewing the best diving in the caribbean in a cloud of flippers and sand. Have any of you ever been diving with these groups?

And...thanks Diverliz for the tips. You obviously know the place well. And Don I appreciate the link. I hope you and the family have a great time.

I meant what I said earlier. I don't mean to just abuse everyone's generosity here. I own a travel company in Spain and would love to share what I know about Portugal, Spain and Morocco.

Don't apologize for asking questions :) I have found everyone on this board to be very willing to help out their fellow diver.

I have made three trips to Bonaire with the fourth one in the planning stages. I, too, like to stay in a small inn and not a large resort. I have stayed at Yacht Club Apartments, a private house and Golden Reef Inn during our last trip. I can say without a doubt Golden Reef Inn was the best place hands down. It is a very clean establishment with wonderful owners. Liz and Ed provide some of the cheapest dive/truck and accomodation packages I have seen on the island.

I am sorry to hear that your buddy bailed out on your trip. Make sure to make a post stating the dates you will be on the island, where you are staying and how many dives you have made. You should have no trouble finding a dive buddy while you are there.

Best of luck!

DS Diver:
I meant what I said earlier. I don't mean to just abuse everyone's generosity here. I own a travel company in Spain and would love to share what I know about Portugal, Spain and Morocco.

It was not my intention to deter questions. If you gave an honest effort to search for yourself then ask your questions without hesitation or guilt. I'm not upset with you in any way. It's just a general pet peeve of mine and your post gave me an opportunity to vent it. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom