HOG/EDGE On-Line Class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
got this today...

upload_2021-3-3_12-42-17.png

Interesting it is offered, especially after comments @Jim Lapenta and @abnfrog and @rsingler had said how they felt about not being in-person...

Hey did you get this from Hog directly or Dive Right In? I could not find it on Dive right one site.

eMail from DRIS

Wave of the future, I guess.
Aqualung does all its reg certs online. Not even a supervisor watching you on Zoom.
I'm still working to prepare that general intro/ Intermediate Zoom format for a two day course. COVID has changed a lot of stuff.
And it's not as though the manufacturers' seminars often taught you much, anyway. Still, I remember HOG as being pretty hands on in their course.

Wave of the future, I guess.
Aqualung does all its reg certs online. Not even a supervisor watching you on Zoom.
I'm still working to prepare that general intro/ Intermediate Zoom format for a two day course. COVID has changed a lot of stuff.
And it's not as though the manufacturers' seminars often taught you much, anyway. Still, I remember HOG as being pretty hands on in their course.
Hi Rob, will your class be based on anyone regulator? Also will you be giving a certificate of some sort?

Zoom is free for up to like 20 people or 45 minutes; after that it is $15.98 per month. This session will in all likelihood be more than 45 minutes so they are on the paid version.

The attendee limitation is that they will observe attendees rebuild their own regs and can only monitor so many at one time. Or it is the bait to get people to bite.

I think an online reg service class would work great. The worst part about my HOG service class--this was three or four years ago--was that too many students were crammed into too small a space--a small dive shop classroom--and we all had to share the table and equipment. It was something like 10 students to one instructor. Oh, I had brought all my own tools because we were given a tool list for that purpose, but there was no space to put them, so I mostly shared tools provided by the shop with other students, which took a long time. For tuning, we all shared that same tank of gas, the same IP gauge, magnehelic, etc. If you own all your own tools and have a workbench, you're better off taking an online course than a course with a high student-to-instructor ratio in a small classroom.

Back
Top Bottom