HOG D2 hose routing - backmount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2airishuman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've come across a good deal on a used D2.

How well does the hose routing work out for back mount and a long hose, for these? Should I pass on this and wait for a D3?

the turrets are much better. For doubles the hoses all come straight down, but the hoses bend against the crowns. For singles the hoses have to go straight out so the long hose has to turn down to go under your shoulder.

hosekit_doubles_apeks.jpg
hosekit_single_eclipse01.jpg
with the turrets you can run a couple different options. Shown above is from the GUE equipment config with the long hose coming straight down out of the turret. I don't really like this, but it's an option that is better than the D2 routing.

attachment.php

If you're diving in a wetsuit with singles, I prefer to slide the primary hose over behind the #4 hose with the secondary staying on the bottom turret. Works really well
View attachment 221073
View attachment 221072
View attachment 221072

duplicate

Attachments

• 20151213_114358[1].jpg
    20151213_114358[1].jpg
    26 KB · Views: 141
  • 20151213_114354[1].jpg
    20151213_114354[1].jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
The D2 does not have a turret. While it will work for backmount with a long hose I prefer the D1 or D3 and use the bottom port for the long hose. Given some of your other posts I am assuming, right or wrong, that you are talking about a single tank set up.

If not please feel free to correct me.

I use the D2's on my stage bottles and have one set up on a student sidemount rig. The D2 is actually the Epic 1st stage with a black finish. The only issue you may run into using it with the long hose is there will be a little bit of a loop coming out of it since it doesn't route straight down. Depending on the long hose, since some are thicker, is how big that loop will be.

For OW recreational dives it's not going to matter much. Looking at the photo below I would recommend using the left most port in the "triangle" for the long hose. The one at the top for the back up you'll have on a bungee. I would not take the long hose off of that as the angle is going to put a weird bend in the hose.

The lower is a high pressure port and there is another on the other side. That one you'll use for the SPG. No idea why this is rotated on here. It's in the proper orientation on my phone. Just a quick question - How good of a deal are you getting? When was the 1st stage last serviced and do you know how to check to see if it does?

.View attachment 221080

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom