HOG BP2 vs D1 vs Dive Rite RG3100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got a couple of sets ordered and on the way. One is a Conshelf 14 pri / Scubapro 109 (I think) sec and the other looks like a MK5/109. Now it's tool time! I've got a bunch of tools from working on motorcycles/cars but will need a few scuba specific ones. The Conshelf technical manual mentions using a 1 3/8 crowfoot a couple times. Is there any reason I shouldn't use a 1 3/8 socket w/torque wrench instead? I see that scubatools has a 3-pc crowfoot set, but the description doesn't say what they're made of and $125 for the set seems excessive. For pin spanners, will the Scubapro multi-tool fill all the needs or should I get the pin spanner set instead? I'm also looking at the SP piston bullet and some brass picks. Any other recommendations appreciated as well. Thanks!

Conshelf 1st stage

12" Adj spanner to remove end cap ..... no need for a crowsfoot, no sockets can be used on a Conshelf
Large flat head for adjusting IP.....you can modify an old big end bearing shell to do this better.
Internal and external circlip pliers
Pick

Scubapro......get the multitool for the pin spanner and seat remover.
Bullet tool is also useful/essential.

IP gauge

......old Scubapro's can be a real pain to get apart if they haven't been serviced and been sitting around for years.
I find that taking off all hoses, port plugs and dust cap and then soaking in water for a few days can help.

Silicone grease and christolube.

Handle....3/8" threaded rod or old BC CO2 cartridge.

Oh......and sorry, looks like you've got it bad!

The installation tool for the high pressure end of the Conshelf/Titan first stage, HP seat, springs, spring block, filter and retaining ring, really helps make the install easier. Herman on this board sells one for $15 or $20 bucks.

The installation tool for the high pressure end of the Conshelf/Titan first stage, HP seat, springs, spring block, filter and retaining ring, really helps make the install easier. Herman on this board sells one for $15 or $20 bucks.

The tool Herman makes is well worth the money. While not necessary, it makes it much easier and you can't go wrong with picking one up IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom