HOG Aluminum BP on sale for $59.95

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BPaith

Registered
Reaction score
I have wanted to switch to a BP/W for a long time now, the cost has always scared me. I found out that Diver's Supply has them on sale for $59.95 and couldn't resist! They have it available in Black and Red. I picked up a red for myself and just wanted to share this link with you all in case you were interested!

Hog Aluminum Backplate - BCD - Scuba

I have wanted to switch to a BP/W for a long time now, the cost has always scared me. I found out that Diver's Supply has them on sale for $59.95 and couldn't resist! They have it available in Black and Red. I picked up a red for myself and just wanted to share this link with you all in case you were interested!

Hog Aluminum Backplate - BCD - Scuba

Are you going to use red webbing?

Are you going to use red webbing?

Probably stick with black. Honestly not sure what all I need to complete a BP/W setup. I went with red more so that I could have something different than everyone else.

---------- Post added November 19th, 2015 at 04:36 PM ----------

Although the red harness does look pretty slick.....

hogarthian-dive-wing-backplate.png

Probably stick with black. Honestly not sure what all I need to complete a BP/W setup. I went with red more so that I could have something different than everyone else.

Depends whether doubles or single, but, you'll need a harness, wing, cam bands (2), and depending on the wing you may or may not need a single tank adapter.

Realistically, a package like this is probably as inexpensive as you're going to get. Figure even at $60 for the back plate on sale, you're still looking at 30 or 40 bucks for the harness and hardware, plus the wing on top of it, as well as cam bands. You can save money by picking up a used wing, but even then, they're not cheap.

https://www.divegearexpress.com/dgx-custom-singles-harness-backplate-wing-package

Depends whether doubles or single, but, you'll need a harness, wing, cam bands (2), and depending on the wing you may or may not need a single tank adapter.

Realistically, a package like this is probably as inexpensive as you're going to get. Figure even at $60 for the back plate on sale, you're still looking at 30 or 40 bucks for the harness and hardware, plus the wing on top of it, as well as cam bands. You can save money by picking up a used wing, but even then, they're not cheap.

https://www.divegearexpress.com/dgx-custom-singles-harness-backplate-wing-package

Thanks for the information! I am going to pick up a red harness to match it, then I think with the HOG wing, i'll be pretty awesome. Excited to no longer have to rent a jacket.

Hog single tank winks are usually $230, but give Jim Lapenta a call, he's got them on black friday sale for $149. They have cam band slots so you won't need a single tank adapter, although you will need 2 cam bands (about 20 bucks a piece from DGX if Jim doesn't have any available). You don't NEED to bolt the wing to the plate since the tank will sandwich it, however I like the stability it brings keeping it bolted. Sex bolts are cheap. Shame you didn't buy the plate from Jim, I bet if you had bought plate, harness, and wing, he would have laced the harness for you if you had asked nicely.

Hog single tank winks are usually $230, but give Jim Lapenta a call, he's got them on black friday sale for $149. They have cam band slots so you won't need a single tank adapter, although you will need 2 cam bands (about 20 bucks a piece from DGX if Jim doesn't have any available). You don't NEED to bolt the wing to the plate since the tank will sandwich it, however I like the stability it brings keeping it bolted. Sex bolts are cheap. Shame you didn't buy the plate from Jim, I bet if you had bought plate, harness, and wing, he would have laced the harness for you if you had asked nicely.

Awesome!!! I already sent him a PM about a plate. I think I will also talk with him about the wing. He's a good guy and has given some rock solid advice in the past.

Awesome!!! I already sent him a PM about a plate. I think I will also talk with him about the wing. He's a good guy and has given some rock solid advice in the past.

Old N Salty I just tried to reply to you. Your PM box is full. Message won't go through. Email is more reliable.

---------- Post added November 20th, 2015 at 04:36 PM ----------

Don't even need to ask nicely, just ask! I sent out two complete setups this week and threaded the harnesses. Something I enjoy doing since I have a custom stand made just for that. Takes me 20 minutes to do from start to finish.
With the deal HOG is letting me offer on the al plate and 23 lb wing I can do a complete rig with harness and cam bands for 295.00 all in out the door including shipping in the US. I have cam bands steel or delrin buckle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom