HMS Repulse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gxdoyle

Reaction score
I am looking for people who would like to dive HMS Repulse in Malaysia.

Would be great to dive with people who already have some experience on the wreck.

If you've already dived it please give suggestions about who to go with and what to see when we're there.

yeah, look for the ship's bell :( (but that's another story)

Also, you may want to check out this other forum that has a fair number of people who dive that wreck and also information on it. You can search the forum for postings: http://www.finsonline.com/vbulletin/index.php3?s=

Thanks Zippsy,

I checked out the forum - great & a bit more local for me!

gxdoyle once bubbled...
Thanks Zippsy,

I checked out the forum - great & a bit more local for me!

Hi Greg (small world isnt it!) :)

Me and Slim are ALWAYS available to dive Repulse or POW anytime. If your putting a trip together let me know when and Ill be there.

So far been there off two boats (White Manta and with B&J Tioman). Friendly waters also goes there as does Vidar of course.

Friendly waters and White Manta doesn't normally dive it unless its a private charter. Vidar is fully booked.

You will have to do a private charter or join one to get on the wreck. The cheapest option would be from B&J Tioman but its NO luxury trip!

If you want to get a few divers together to do a charter I can probably rummage up 3 or 4 easily enough.

Didn't the bell from the Repulse get salvaged by a commercial diver who was intending to sell it to a Japanese businessman who had placed a "bounty" on it? I thought it was seized by British authorities and it ended up in the Royal Navy Musuem seeing as the Repulse is a war grave.

I've read conflicting reports that it was a Hungarian, Singaporian or Australian diver who retrieved it, and that a team of Malaysian divers had earlier "dropped" the bell into a debris field and lost it in an earlier salvage attempt in an effort to collect the bounty.

..the boat is no problem..our boat will be available for private dives from 1 December while we train crew and continue the refit..

..we want to do a couple of shakedown cruises but by all accounts the conditions will make POW and Repulse undivable during December / January..

..I would be happy to be corrected on this and if a bunch of guys want to share fuel and gas costs in those months we will get the boat out there..

..this better discussed on our message board I think..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom