hiya from San Diego, CA, USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onyx

Reaction score
hi all - I'm new to the board, and like that person you don't know at your party, have been lurking around, eating your food and drinking your drinks. :wink:

I've decided to stop being that unknown creepy dude, and introduce myself, so that you can make your own decision on my creepiness (lol). Cool board you've got here, it has already been of great benefit to me.

My story:
I was born a....oh wait, nope that's not it. :D

My bday is in '75. I grew up in LA, moved to san diego in 93 for school. School's done, but I decided to stay in the area for work.

I started scuba diving in 94, getting my open water, advanced open water, and stress and rescue certifications through SSI and the ucsd scuba club(seadeucers), which I served as the treasurer for one year. In or about 98 I stopped diving, for no good reason at all.

Recently I've decided that that was a silly idea, and that I should get back into diving. So I began the (mildly) costly process of getting all my gear up to snuff again. This is nearly complete now, plus I added a digital camera and housing to the mix for some failed attempts at underwater photography. (no, really! it's a mermaid!) With any luck, my first dive back will be this weekend.

hmmm, seems I've run out of things to say except to reiterate how cool this board is, and to say "Hi!"

steve

Greetings from TGWN -- well it's still great, but thank goodness the "white" is finally gone here!

Welcome to the fun and games, and I hope you enjoy your stays here as much as I enjoy mine.

Greetings from Texas and the NDI Texas Swamp Diving Team!!

We are glad you've found us and look forward to your contributions.

Welcome. I lived in SD for a while. My job took me there and then here. I was glad to get out.

Where do you plan on diving there?

thanks for the welcomes!

AliKat, I've done quite a bit of diving in SD in my previous active years, mostly in Scripps canyon. This weekend I'm just going to go to La Jolla cove, because it's an easy dive (but not quite as boring as shores) so that I can get myself reacquainted, and play with my camera.

I have done:
-the ruby red
-pt loma kelp beds
-hospitals
-the cove
-La jolla shores as well as the canyon off shores for the squid spawning, which is amazing.
-Table top (del mar/solona beach)
-quast rock

unfortunately some of my favorite dives are in scripps canyon, which pretty much starts at 90-100 feet, which is the limit to my camera housing. oh well.

why so eager to leave SD?

welcome to the board onyx, glad you are back into diving

You are lucky to be so close to the Ocean. I always thought that I'd like to see the Blues off S.Cal. I think that they are the sleekest looking sharks.

Dive Safe,
Caymaniac:eek:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom