History of Scuba Diving Museum - Islamorada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IncreaseMyT

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Have drove by this many times and got the opportunity to stop on this trip down and I highly recommend it. They have quite a collection and I am super envious of the library they have there as well. It was 12 bucks per adult. Here are a few pics of some things I found really interesting, but there is much more to see there:

Hx2btE0.jpg

Hx2bMhN.jpg

Hx2c5b0.jpg

Hx2cqtq.jpg

Hx2cEOn.jpg

Hx2cSab.jpg

Hx2datr.jpg

Hx2dmcI.jpg

Hx2dyJo.jpg

Hx2dMCA.jpg

Hx2dYwu.jpg

Hx2ebeR.jpg

Hx2elSi.jpg

Hx2ewyd.jpg

Hx2eKQt.jpg

yes; been there many times...well worth the stop and spend some time ....they sell cool shirts and diving movies also.

Thank you both for posting...
Apparently devoted to the development of helmet diving very little was posted on history of SCUBA diving

Leon Lyons has a private collection/museum in St. Augustine.

As many of you know Leon is the author of the classic very rare - only 1000 printed - expensive ($4 to $5,000) book Helmets of the deep

I have book number 500 of 1000-- I was fortunate that I knew most of the west coast helmet makers and had them inscribe a note over or near the picture of their helmets... Now at this late date I question its value $$$ and seldom remove it from the safe deposit box--- the joys of bibliomania !

Lovely lovely lady at the end of @IncreaseMyT s post -- can't say much for the interloper
But I did enjoy the pictures and your effort in sharing-- Keep up the good work!

Sam Miller, 111

Thank you both for posting...
Apparently devoted to the development of helmet diving very little was posted on history of SCUBA diving

Leon Lyons has a private collection/museum in St. Augustine.

As many of you know Leon is the author of the classic very rare - only 1000 printed - expensive ($4 to $5,000) book Helmets of the deep

I have book number 500 of 1000-- I was fortunate that I knew most of the west coast helmet makers and had them inscribe a note over or near the picture of their helmets... Now at this late date I question its value $$$ and seldom remove it from the safe deposit box--- the joys of bibliomania !

Lovely lovely lady at the end of @IncreaseMyT s post -- can't say much for the interloper
But I did enjoy the pictures and your effort in sharing-- Keep up the good work!

Sam Miller, 111

Helmets of the Deep - by Author Leon Lyons - St. Augustine, Florida

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom