Hilton Head/Myrtle Beach, SC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shortypots

Reaction score
Is there any good diving in Hilton head or Myrtle Beach? If so, when is the best time of year? Just curious.

In the summer it's bathtub warm in the Myrtle Beach area. Some of the farther out sites are in the Gulf Stream so they can be pretty warm also. All the diving is boat diving though since Myrtle Beach is a nice flat sandy area. So you have to go out to find diving, mostly wrecks in that area as I recall.

I've personally dove with Express Watersports and can recommend them.

The only diveshop on Hilton Head closed several years ago. So look for something out of Savannah.

I was in Hilton Head over July 4th. I was planning on diving on the 4th with Fantasia Scuba out of Savannah, but the conditions precluded us from going out. We were supposed to go out for a two tank dive on a couple of wrecks about an hour offshore. The wrecks are supposed to be good, though they recommend at least a 3 mil suit, even in the summer. One wreck (the Betsy Ross) sits in about 80 feet of water, and the other (I forget the name) sits in about 60 feet. Both sites have received high praise, but I didn't get to go. Fantasia's phone number is 912-921-8933. See if you can get lucky. I have been told that the weather this time of year often precludes divers from getting wet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom